All cat owners are well aware of how much these wayward animals actually love the attention, care and care of them. Especially when it comes to transporting them over any distance. It is for these purposes that special carrier backpacks for cats were created. We will talk about their varieties, features of choice and care in this article.
As already clear from the name, carrying a backpack for cats is necessary for their transportation. Unlike conventional bags and boxes designed for these purposes, such devices are more modern, reliable, convenient for the animal and are suitable for moving it even over long distances. Such novelties appeared on the domestic market relatively recently, and their creators have already identified a number of their main advantages, they will be described in detail below.
The carry-on backpack is not just for transporting a cat or a cat to close and long distances. The main purpose of this device is the convenience of this movement for both the animal and its owner.
The internal structure of such a carrier differs significantly from the design of standard bags and cases designed for the same purpose. Such carriers are made in the form of backpacks, each of which has a special window with a protective film in the middle front part. It is thanks to him that the animal not only receives light, but also it can see what is happening around it.
At the same time, the appearance of such carry-on backpacks may vary significantly depending on the manufacturer. Models can look like a shoulder bag, a standard backpack, or even a handbag that is worn over the shoulder.
A carrier with a convex window is a rectangular container made of a special “breathable” material or dense fabric. There is a multi-layer layer at the bottom. The porthole window is made of transparent non-toxic plastic, so it is not only convenient, but also safe.
A nice bonus is that each backpack comes with a soft removable cover, a removable mesh window-porthole and a special pillow. If necessary, all spare parts of the backpack can be easily washed and quickly dried for future use. For the convenience of the pet owner, the bag is equipped with two or one strong and reliable handle. Carry-on backpacks designed to be worn on the back always have two straps, while those devices that can be carried over one shoulder have one.
The device of such a modern carrying is quite simple and does not differ much from a normal backpack, only it is fully adapted even for long-term transport of cats over long distances with comfort for them.
Pros and cons
Like any other carrier, this model, made in the form of an ordinary backpack, has its advantages and disadvantages. They must be taken into account when choosing a device for carrying or transporting an animal.
The main advantages of such devices include the following characteristics:
- Light weight. This is especially important when it comes to long Hiking trips with your pet.
- Availability of free hands. A person can take another suitcase or bag with them, or maybe a second carrier with another animal.
- Convenience and ease of transporting cats. The sizes of these backpacks can be very different, which makes it possible to choose the most convenient option for carrying, depending on the age and weight of the pet.
- Easy maintenance of the device. The owner of the animal can clean or wash the backpack at any time and use it further.
Not without its drawbacks, of course. The main disadvantages are the following nuances:
- Unsafe for the animal. Sometimes you can find information that the materials for making such backpacks are not natural, which means that they are dangerous for the health of a cat or a cat, but this is not the case. Sewing of backpacks is carried out only from those materials that have passed all the necessary research and fully meet all safety requirements.
- The animal experiences severe discomfort and stress due to constant shaking. This disadvantage occurs, but only in those models of the backpack that do not have an additional waist belt. It allows you to securely fix the lower part of the carrier in such a way that the backpack practically does not shake during the movement of a person.
So it turns out that with the right choice of such an accessory, it simply will not have significant disadvantages.
Tips for choosing
The main criterion for choosing when buying such a device should not be its brightness and external beauty, but reliability and safety. In order to make the right choice and not be disappointed in your purchase in the future, you should listen to the following recommendations:
- Do not buy a suspiciously cheap product. Most likely, it has some kind of marriage, so the seller is ready to sell it cheaply.
- Be sure to carefully inspect all seams and their integrity, especially at the junction of the bottom with the frame, as well as the straps of the backpack with the main part of it.
- It is best to choose carrying backpacks with a solid bottom. The animal in this model will be more convenient and safer.
- If you plan to use the device for the most part in the hot season, you should take care of the presence of a removable mesh window-porthole.
- For all trips, especially for long, you need to purchase a model having a plurality of holes for ventilation.
All these rules are quite simple and well-known, however, their compliance will allow you to choose the right, safe and reliable backpack-carrier for your favorite pet. By purchasing such a universal device, you can forget about the inconveniences and dangers of traveling together with a cat or a cat for a long time. In addition, such a backpack makes it possible to safely walk the animal every day.
Read more about backpacks here: